Accursed backdrop

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:54:32 EDT 2015

On 26/05/15 21:31, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> <snip>
>
> AFAIK the ones I listed here and the subject of this thread, the
> backdrop issue, are all specific to Linux.
>
> There are a few oddities on Windows that may be critical, and perhaps
> even on Mac, but it would seem that the IDE team presumably uses Macs
> more often so issues there tend to be found and resolved more quickly
> than issues for other platforms.

Last time I was in Embro (about 5 year ago), I saw only Macs in their
office. If that is still the case it needs to be corrected.

I would recommend a fairly current PC with Debian, and another with
Windows 8.1.

> In general, I find no problem shipping the apps I'm working to Mac and
> Windows with the latest version of LC, but having option control
> unreadable and being unable to copy and paste with other apps, etc.
> prevent similar quality with Linux deployments.

That 'thing' about being ONLY to copy and paste into Linux apps that
ONLY work with unstyled text is a nuisance.

Richmond.