HTML5 deployment is still in the far future.

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:37:10 EDT 2015

There are two different approaches to use LiveCode with webpages. Here are two very simple examples.

The first is by embedding LiveCode inside the HTML in the same way that you embed PHP:

	<head>
	<title>My LiveCode Server Test Page</title>
	</head>
	<h1>My LiveCode Server Test Page</h1>
	<?lc
		put "<p>Hello World! from LiveCode Server</p>"
		put "<p>The date is " && the date & "</p>"
	?>

The second way is to run a script that generates all the html for the page:

	<?lc
    		if $_POST["name"] <> "" then
      			put $_POST["name"] into tName
   		else
      			put "World" into tName
   		end if
    		put header "Content-Type: text/html"
    		put "<html>"
    		put "<head>"
    		put "<title>LiveCode Server Test Page</title>"
    		put "</head>"
    		put "<body>"
    		put "<h1>My LiveCode Server Test Page</h1>"
    		put "<p>Hello" && tName && "from LiveCode Server</p>"
    		put "<p>The date is" && the internet date & "</p>"
    		put "<p> The version is" && the Version & "</p>"
    		put "</body>"
    		put "</html>"
?>

Regards