Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Sun May 10 14:27:54 EDT 2015

Is the future development of each OS platform dependent upon widgets?

For example, little has been done to correct the user interface deficiencies when compared to Yosemite.

1. Will all user interface objects be widgets?
2. Will LiveCode only provide a limited set of UI widgets?
3. Will the community/Other developers provide the remainder?
4. Will widgets be provided by others at a Cost($£$£$£)?
5. Will the widget system be licensable to allow a purchase system?
6. Will all widgets free/£$£$£$ be available to LC Community Edition?

I have asked similar questions before but never had an answer. This raises the conspiracy theorist in me. It would be a little disconcerting if you contributed (£$£$£$) to making livecode open source only to be locked out of the widget system and for LC to only provide a limited set of UI Objects.

A clear concise answer would be good.

All the best

Terry