Kickstarter 2013 Revisited

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Sun May 10 13:56:43 EDT 2015

>> I am not aware of any goal that RunRev has forgotten in any of their
>> posts on this topic.
>
> New GUI.

Definitely not forgotten! Indeed, the Version 8 IDE sees the first step
towards it as we are rewriting it to use much more easily composed
widgets.

Ultimately a brand new GUI is going to be a hugely disruptive for all
those which are familiar with the current one we have (big changes in UI
always are) so we want to get it write.

Version 8 is where we ensure we have the architecture to do it right by
reposing what we currently have in a better way; we can then
subsequently make greater shifts.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps