Can I set up a delayed message queue?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 7 14:12:17 EDT 2015

Perhaps I'm not understanding your comment, but I don't believe it's
correct.  Try the following on a card (one button, one field):

[ button script ]

on mouseUp
  repeat 3
    send "doStuff" to me in 1 second
    wait 500 millisecs with messages
  end repeat
end mouseUp

on doStuff
  put "got it" & cr after fld 1
end doStuff

You should get 3 lines placed in the field.

If you're doing anything that causes a blocking action in LiveCode (such
as displaying the answer dialog), it's possible that a sent-in-time
message could get skipped, but for the most part, you should be able to
queue up several of the same message, each with its own id.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design