documentation for open socket using certificate and key, sccept only ssl

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:43:54 EDT 2015

The dictionary specifies that there is a [using certificate *certificate*
and key *key*] option on open socket.

google reports a whopping three results for

livecode "open socket" "using certificate"  key

Is there anything resembling documentation for this?  I would prefer to
keep my own keys/certificates, with a piece on  each end.

In a similar vein, is there any way to make "open socket" only accept
secure connections?  My workaround is to have the client send a message to
authenticate, and the server on connection uses "send in" to kill the
socket if this hasn't happened within a timeout period.

Or should I just be relying on strong encryption of the messages in both
directions, with the server closing the socket if it receives something
that doesn't decrypt?
--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462