Question re large project organization

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 24 11:38:20 EDT 2015

William Prothero wrote:
 > Fair enough. I did find the “password” entry in the dictionary. BUT,
 > I wonder if the fact that this doesn’t work (for me) in the
 > standalone builder code mean there is a bug in the IDE?

Possibly.  Are you finding you can access the scripts of objects in your
standalone after building them with the password option?

If so, I would suggest filing a bug report on that.

 > Also, I’m exploring the ramifications of this approach and
 > considering whether the apple store will not accept my standalones
 > built this way, for desktop.

Many apps have binary object files stored outside of the executable.  I
can't imagine Apple wouldn't single out LiveCode for prohibition on this.

The only prohibition I'm aware of is against any app that downloads
executable code not present with the app bundle when reviewed.  The
concern there seems legitimate, and not at all specific to LiveCode:
they just want to make sure they don't review an app that claims to do
one thing and later find its downloading code to do something entirely
different.

 > It is my understanding that substacks can be separated from
 > mainstacks, but you can’t put a stack back as a substack once
 > it’s out. TRUE?

Stacks can be moved in both directions:  set a stack's mainstack to the
name of some other stack and it becomes a substack of that other stack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems