printPaperRectangle & LC7

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Sat Mar 21 15:57:25 EDT 2015

> On 21 Mar 2015, at 18:17, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
> So your printer has a print area of 8,8,834,587. The printmargins you set will be offset by that area. If you set the left print margin to 10, on the actual paper it will be 18 (10 for your margin + 8 from the printer.)

Yes, the docs are poorly worded if this is the case.

I experimented to come to the conclusion the docs are poorly worded and this, from visual inspection, seems to work

put  the printPaperRectangle into tPaperRect
put item 1 of tPaperRect into tPaperLeft
put item 2 of tPaperRect into tPaperTop
put item 3 of tPaperRect into tPaperWidth
put item 4 of tPaperRect into tPaperHeight

put tPaperLeft/2 into tOffsetH
put tPaperTop/2 into tOffsetV

set the printMargins to tMargin + tOffsetH, tMargin + tOffsetV, tMargin - tOffsetH, tMargin - tOffsetV

All the best

Terry