Release 6.7.4 RC 2 / 7.0.4 RC 2
t.heaford at icloud.com
Fri Mar 20 12:34:52 EDT 2015
> On 20 Mar 2015, at 14:14, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> If the dest rect is a different size, setting the printScale can be used:
> set the printScale to 0.8
> print card from 20,20 to 500,500
I understand you are trying to help and I thank you for that.
I am trying to print a group that contains objects forming a chart and it is working well in 6.7.3 scaling to fit the centre of the paper.
I looked for a simple solution that would centre & scale it automatically but if there is I could not find it so I have investigated the suggestion you made above.
1. I obtain the paper size printPaperRectangle.
2. decide the margins I require.
3. Work out the scale of the group to fit the printPaperRectangle - the margins required.
4. Apply the scale to obtain the final size of the group when printed.
5. From the final size of the group and the paper width/height work out the final margins.
6. Set those using printMargins.
After all this the border of the group is not centred in the paper.
Is there another setting I am missing? or something less involved?
More information about the Use-livecode