Laughing my socks off.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 08:18:34 EDT 2015

But in a slightly bitter way:

So, I peeped into the "LiveCode Resource Center" under the heading
"Linux Externals"

this is on Livecode 7.0.4 rc1 . . .

and read this:

"One of the most important parts of the upcoming 2.9 release is that it
contains an updated Linux engine full to the brim with features that
were previously only available on Windows and Mac OS X. In particular,
the old UNIX external mechanism has been replaced by one using shared
libraries - thus gaining the same performance and implementation ease as
the other platforms.

In this article, we will introduce an updated version of the External
Creator and show how to use it to produce a simple external that can be
used on Linux.

Before we begin
Before going any further you will need:
At least Revolution 2.9-dp-1 (Beta 8) up and running on a recent Linux
distribution"

Somebody mentioned that the Documentation had been updated recently . .
. I don't believe it.

Seeing is believing.

Richmond.