[OT] Apple Wireless mouse

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 14 14:40:08 EDT 2015

On 3/14/2015 12:43 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> It seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to scrolling.  I'll be
> happily typing away and reach for the mouse and suddenly the window I'm in
> scrolls before I even touch the thing.  Makes using the script editor
> interesting!
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

EVERYONE has that problem. I used to think the mouse was responding to
my thoughts, but after years of fighting with it I finally noticed that
when I reach for the mouse my finger might barely brush one of the edges
and ZOOM it takes off.

I have developed some weird autonomic behaviors now, reaching with my
hand in an unnatural position, fingers splayed at odd angles. I look
like I have some kind of nerve disease.

This is, in my opinion, one of the worst designs I've seen for a mouse.
The only reason I don't swap it out for a USB mouse is because I've
become so attached to the side swipe gesture to flip pages in web browsers.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com