Messing around with LibreOffice Calc

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:50:16 EDT 2015

So: I set up a stack containing a table field "ACCESS" and created a
spreadsheet file
in LibreOffice Calc.

1. I opened the spreadsheet in LibreOffice Calc, selected the populated
fields
and then hit a button on my stack that contains the following script:

on mouseUp
    set the text of fld "ACCESS" to the clipboardData
end mouseUp

and NOTHING happened.

2. I opened the same spreadsheet in Gnumeric, selected the populated fields
and then hit the button on my stack:

and the cells of the table field populated "properly".

Now, at the risk of seeming incredibly stupid (!!!!) I wonder why data
copied from a Gnumeric file works, while data copied from a LibreOffice Calc
does not???

Of course, were I a real 'trooper' I'd install every possible
spreadsheet software
on my Linux box and do the same sort of thing . . . .

Richmond.