Livecode Server on Digital Ocean

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 16:27:46 EDT 2015

Hmm, no, I don't think you can run lc server as a daemon. Especially as you
describe. The server itself isn't set up to listen on a socket.
 Much if it would depend on your need.  I'm sure you could write something
in LC proper and have it start on server start.  But being single threaded,
if you hit it too hard, and often, the response times wouldn't be great. It
might be possible to add it to services in such a way that when the
listening port is hit, an executable instance is launched (like lc server
does, except apache is listening, and fires up an instance of the engine
when needed)
Unfortunately, its been So long since I did any real administration, I'm
shooting in the dark.  Hopefully one of the heavy linux hitters can chime
in on this one.