Datagrid Wierdness

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Jun 3 17:53:03 EDT 2015


Hi Mike. 

Well I reviewed the data from the 25 rows retrieved and visually it looks ok. Not saying there are not hidden characters in there somewhere. But that would not explain why the problem *ONLY* occurs when the data grid is sorted by just that one column. If I sort by another column, the data grid populates correctly. If I have the order by in the query set to that column, it populates correctly. 

And in any case the data grid library should not simply skip row population because of bad data in a column. I also ran the command to set the dgData inside of a try/catch construct and no errors were thrown. 

Bob S


> On Jun 3, 2015, at 14:35 , Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> To submit the bug, you might save the ill behaved array to a property in a
> sample stack. Or several arrays that behave differently.  Then you can add
> buttons to load the arrays into a datagrid to expose the behavior.  I kinda
> wonder if you have empty rows in your database that are retrieved under
> some circumstances and not others or.. Well, not sure.
> 
> Can you add code that will pop up an answer dialog with the row data of a
> clicked row? That way you can look at what the datagrid thinks is in the
> row as apposed to what is showing (or not showing in this case)
> 
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Hi all. Have I got a stinker for you!
>> 
>> I am populating a data grid with an array using dgData. I am sorting on a
>> column called assetid. I have a search object I created which essentially
>> queries the database to find records where the value in the field matches
>> any part of a list of columns I provide it in the script.
>> 
>> Now when I sort the data grid on assetid, then query the database,
>> assuming the prior records match the search criteria, the resulting array
>> *DOES* contain all the records. So I know that the query correctly
>> retrieved all the records that match the search criteria. I went through
>> each element and verified that they do.
>> 
>> However, when I set the dgData of the data grid to that array, *some* of
>> the records do not display!!! Instead, there are empty rows at the bottom
>> of the data grid, where I can scroll down but there is no data in the rows.
>> Note they are not empty data grid records, the records or rows if you will,
>> never get created, even though the data grid acts like there are more rows
>> there.
>> 
>> I know what you are saying, bad data in the data grid. But if I sort by
>> *ANY OTHER COLUMN* the records *DO* appear!!! Now you will suggest I delete
>> the data grid and create a new one. Did that. Same problem. Oh but wait,
>> there’s more!
>> 
>> If when I query the data I order by the assetid column, well the damnedest
>> thing happens: ALL THE DATA DISPLAYS AGAIN!!!!!
>> 
>> This has *GOT* to be a bug in the data grid library. I would submit it,
>> but the app is dependent on an SQL instance and logins, so I cannot easily
>> create an example. I recall others seeing some kind of similar weirdness
>> with data grids displaying data. If this sounds familiar, contact me and
>> lets compare notes.
>> 
>> Bob S
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>> subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode



More information about the Use-livecode mailing list