Anomalous Script behavior

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Sun Jul 26 02:27:06 EDT 2015

Mark,

I tried it  in LC 6.7.7 RC1 and did NOT see the problem.

(The same stack works properly in 6.3.1.)

Doubting my sanity, I went back and tried the very same stack in 7.1. RC1 and saw the problem immediately. The script just stops executing.

The player continues to send callbacks with apparently valid parameters (a digit) that do invoke the handler, but that handler won’t continue. No errors, no nada.

We really, really, really want to move to LC 7 for English/Chinese language and Unicode (Chinese looks great in 7, bad in 6). People in China are begging for us to make available our Music History program in China. We are happy to see the improved player in the newest version of LC as all our audio is on a remote server and the Chinese mostly use Windows.

As the Thermian Mathesar with fist over heart cries to Jason Nesmith in Galaxy Quest, “You are our last hope!"

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA