LiveCode and SQLite performace

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 24 11:19:47 EDT 2015

The guidelines I'd read were about 15% IIRC;  I believe there used to be
a tech note on this, but I can no longer find it at apple.com.  Most
third-party sites discussing this cite 15%.

If OS X required us to never use half of our disk space that would be
quite a public controversy, since that's far beyond what any other file
system requires and would represent a tremendous waste of storage resources.

If you have poor performance on a Mac that has more than 15% free,
chances are free space isn't the cause.

There may be other issues with the drive (+1 for Disk Warrior), or
either the primary or a secondary drive has a power-scaling feature that
lets the platter rest when not in use, or corrupted b-tree elements, or
any number of other factors.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems