Underscore uncomment bug in OSX

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Wed Jul 22 20:50:39 EDT 2015

This has never worked for me on OS X with any version of LC and I had just got used to ignoring it. I have checked for conflicts and can’t find any.

The strange thing is, the shortcut causes the ‘Edit’ menu to flash as though it is being chosen, then I found that if I click the ‘Edit’ menu once so it stays open and then use the shortcut it works! - Strange.

But now seeing this works for other people I decided to play around with the keyboard control panel, under the ‘Shortcuts’ tab I added an App Shortcut for all applications as ‘Uncomment’ with the key combination of 'shift ctrl -‘. Well that shortcut doesn’t work, but it does show as the shortcut for ‘Uncomment’ in the ‘Edit’ menu of LC, but oddly, ‘shift cmd -‘ does sort of work with LC 6 & 7 (not 5).

Now if the insertion cursor is on a line of commented text within a handler, using the shortcut will uncomment this line and also attempt to uncomment the line above, however, if the insertion cursor is on a line of commented text outside of a handler, using the shortcut will uncomment just the one line.

I can add my comments to the bug report if you think it will help. I’m using LC7.0.6(rc3) on OS X 10.10.4

Baffled.

Paul