New License Idea for Hobbyists

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 22 10:03:37 EDT 2015

Roger Guay wrote:

 > Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that
 > Apple will not accept open source code, so I think I need a
 > commercial license. Plus, I think this would give RR a more reliable
 > income scheme than the occasional unsolicited donation.

The company used to have an option specifically for that edge case, in
which someone wanted to participate in open source and also include iOS
among their deployment platforms, along with a few other perks as well,
for US$99:
<http://livecode.com/tag/livecode-membership/>

Given how well the other concerns are already addressed, this Membership
option seemed useful as it covered the one use case not otherwise handled.

I can't find it at the store, however.  I've CC'd Ben here to see if he
can chime in on what happened to that Membership program.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org