New License Idea for Hobbyists

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jul 21 19:59:52 EDT 2015

> On 22 Jul 2015, at 4:08 am, Roger Guay <irog at mac.com> wrote:
>
> How about a $99 per year commercial license for hobbyists who want to build free apps (no profit)?  I’ll be the first to sign up!!

I’m wondering if this problem will go away with Xcode 7 and the free developer program. As you will now be able to release the source for someone to modify and install on their device outside the app store it’s a bit of a game changer. The only issue I guess is whether the fact that you still need to sign up to the developer program breaks the GPL but that might be a bit pedantic on the part of the FSF…

Cheers

Monte

--
M E R Goulding <http://goulding.ws/>