Livecode Javascript Compiler

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Thu Jul 16 05:05:04 EDT 2015

Thanks Peter. What i am keen to get a grip on is how we can interface
Livecode exported Javascritp with existing Javascript in a web page. Are we
going to be stuck with an isolated blob of all Livecode-Javascript in a
page? Or can I make Livecode-Javascript widget that talk to existing pages?

My thought would be if the core Livecode C++ engine has now been refactored
so that the language element - separate from all the GUI and even message
stuff - and that this bit was easy and fast to get exported - then that
would be what we need to create interface independent Javascript libraries
- let's say a library that takes some JSON and exports some JSON with the
webpage handling all the rest of the interactions?

How well will these exported Livecode-Javascript apps play within a web
page - what sort of bi-directional communication is being looked at?