Livecode Javascript Compiler

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Thu Jul 16 04:39:31 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-16 04:16, David Bovill wrote:
> I've a question regarding the roll-out, and eventual functionality of
> Livecode HTML5. In the recent roadmap blogpost there was an indication
> that
> compiling the Livecode language to Javascript was achieved relatively
> quickly, but that the harder part was the rendering of the interface to
> the
> Canvas object and appropriate bindings together with the message
> hierarchy.

Hi David,

We don't compile the LiveCode language to JavaScript -- we compile the
engine's C++ code to JavaScript, and then use that to run LiveCode
scripts in the normal way.

> So why not release a limited Livecode script to Javascript compiler

I'm afraid such a thing does not exist, and isn't currently on our
roadmap.  Sorry to disappoint!

                                     Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>