Database Input Validation

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jul 10 12:41:46 EDT 2015

IMHO, there are times when validating on closeField is useful, but if it is the only way you validate, it can also be a frustration to the end user. Lets say the user enters the name in an email address, but forgets what the domain part is. He goes to navigate to his email program, and Livecode barks at him about not having the correctly formatted email address. On the other hand, I use closeField to populate other fields as in my IP Calculator.

Also, be sure to skip validation for empty fields so the user has a way to get out of the field.

Bob S