how to check for unnecessary local declarations?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jul 2 17:30:18 EDT 2015

Globals are problematic for me as I design stacks and cards to be modular, so two stacks with the same utility card for example, would be sharing globals. Instead, if I need persistent data, I use properties. I also do not use strict compilation. I have a naming system that prevents my ever using the same variable twice for different things in the same handler. Even in loops that use a counter, the counter variable is very specifically named.

That being said, it occurs to me that the GLX2 script editor knows what is a variable because it color codes them, and also keeps track of them for the clairvoyance feature. Crack that code open to see how they do it, and that should give you a great way of tracking them yourself.

Bob S