how to check for unnecessary local declarations?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jul 2 17:18:52 EDT 2015

If you remove the asterisks, you would fail to find any code that uses the variable. Only lines containing *JUST* the variable name would be found, which wouldn’t work. You could add code to analyze the line by replacing “(“ and “) with space, then filter for “*” && variableName && “*”. Words at the end of the line would not be found however, so you would have to also filter for “*” && variableName.

Bob S