A Got-Ya

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Jan 20 13:13:31 EST 2015

I just spent an 1.5 hours of "what the heck just happened". My fault but
just wanted to let others know.

I have a custom stack prop named "pRegion". This worked as expected except
in one handler. It always returned empty. From either the handler or from
the message box while the handler was being debugged or from an answer
dialog. Click the stop button in the debugger, then from the message box the
custom property is the value the inspector says. Breakpoint on the first
line of the mouseup handler and it's gone. Deleted all the code in the
handler and it's back even though I examined it before any code was run from
the debugger both times.
Problem: I had a local of the same name by mistake. I was not even using it.
I just deleted it and all was OK. This might be obvious to the more seasoned
LiveCoder but to a beginner... not so much

Just an FYI

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services