Garbage Collection/Old Data in stack

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sun Jan 18 00:44:13 EST 2015

There are no objects except for the 1 blank card. I wonder how many other
stacks out there are experiencing this creep of orphan object/properties. I
just happen to find them because I did not want to redo all my standalone
setting for mobile splash pages when creating a stub stack. I just deleted
all the cards except for the splash and expected this tiny little stack. I
will file a bug report. What type of scripty ways could I use to hunt them
down? The number of controls of the sole card is 0.

Check this weirdo out www.evergreeninfo.on-rev.com/EIS/Test3.livecode

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

> These orphaned images are making my standalones larger than they should
be.
>> This is more of a problem for mobile than desktop. I guess it's time
>> for a Bug Report.
>>

> Maybe.  Any unplaced backgrounds in the stack file?
>
> Did you check all custom property sets of all objects?

That they can't be found in the application browser is a bug all by itself,
even if there are scripty ways to hunt it down.

(and may God have mercy on the project browser's soul!)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462
preferences: