Fields Have Labels

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Mon Jan 12 12:16:39 EST 2015

Craig wrote:
> Ah.
> I see what you might mean. In a group the label appears as a, er, label in the upper left corner.

Exactly. You’ve got it! The label should be just that - a text area that is part of the control and optionally visible to identify the control to the end user.
In LC only groups and buttons have this special feature.
To get the same effect for other controls you use a separate field then group it with whatever needs a label.
Arguably that’s more flexible but a bit less convenient.

In OMO fields had a built-in label and perhaps some other objects also did.
SO long ago I can’t remember!

Jim Lambert