64 bitness

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Jan 10 16:04:35 EST 2015

Hi Mark,

Since DreamHost upgraded their servers to require 64-bit, I'm now using
LC 7.0.1 64-bit in my DH accounts. It does work, but it adds *at least*
a couple of seconds to every request's response time over the old 32-bit
6.x. Those speeds neutralize our LC server app bragging rights! But it's
all we have for the moment.

So you can see why I hope for a 64-bit build of 6.x server. However I
would definitely "settle for" (read "prefer") a super-speedy 64-bit 7.x
release!

Thanks -
Phil

--