Can't Move Backward

Ray ray at linkit.com
Fri Jan 9 09:19:56 EST 2015

I'm trying a "Save As" on a stack file last saved in 7.0.1 so I can open
it in 6.5.2, the last stable version of Livecode that I know of.

The choices are:
    Legacy Livecode Stack (5.5)
    Legacy Livecode Stack (2.7)
    Legacy Livecode Stack (2.4)

I would imagine my copy of Livecode 6.5.2 would open a stack file saved
as Legacy 5.5, but it doesn't.  I can't remember back as far as 2.7 and 2.4.

I am able to create a new, empty stack file in 7.0.1, save it in legacy
5.5 and then open it in 6.5.2 so there's apparently something going on
with the first stack file.  However, Livecode should open it and produce
script errors which I can then find and fix.  If Livecode 6.5.2 doesn't
even open it then I'm stuck.

Does anybody know how to move backward away from the many problems 7.0.1
has without having to re-write years of work?