Licensing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 7 00:36:43 EST 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:

 > Maybe the best approach is to just do it and adopt the "better
 > to ask for forgiveness than permission" axiom"

I'm switching siglines here because this seems like a job for the
resident Community Manager. :)

Plugins play a key role in LiveCode, a role that will amplify many times
over when v8 is released.

There are benefits to the community to have dual-licensed libraries and
widgets, but IDE plugins are a special case worth considering.

It seems safe to say that it's in everyone's interest to have clarity on
the use of non-GPL components within the GPL-governed LiveCode Community
Edition, so I'll make getting clarification on this a priority in my
next meeting with the team.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager