Because LC can't do two things at once.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 21 02:59:03 EST 2015

Peter M. Brigham wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, how *would* you do this via shell call or
> the equivalent on a Windows laptop?

Good question.

Thanks to the beautiful simplicity of the Linux /proc directory I was
able to find:

   cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state

The "charging state" field there will contain "charging" or "discharging".

Now if we can turn up a Win command line solution I'll write a handler
for this that'll make it convenient to get this info on all three platforms.

Martin, thanks for handling the Mac side - nice work.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems