EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY and El Capitan

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Dec 18 05:57:45 EST 2015

Since I 'up'graded to El Capitan (OS X 10.11.1) I've been getting an awful lot
of LiveCode quit unexpectedly, with the report namechecking the sinister
sounding Exception Note "EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY".

This is happening with LC 6.6.2, 6.7.7, 7.1.1, and various 7.1.1 rcs.

It generally (always?) happens when LC is in the background, and not in theory
doing anything.

Since I moved to ElCap, I've seen one other app crash in this way; LC has
crashed over a dozen times.  Admittedly, that may reflect how much time I
spend in LC, or at least with it open.

Have other people experienced the same issue?  (I can't see anything in the LQCC.)

Ben