Player Object in HTML 5?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Dec 18 05:58:52 EST 2015

On 2015-12-18 11:34, Peter Bogdanoff wrote:
> When I said "millisecond," I meant precision to a millisecond.
> Otherwise timers would be a second or two or longer. That is possible?

I would be very surprised if you need millisecond precision for anything
UI related - just a guarantee that your timers will trigger in order at
the closest time they can to your requested time (which is no different
than you get in the Desktop engines).

People with the very best eyesight *might* be able to detect changes at
60fps, but mostly it is 15-40fps I believe. So I suspect an error in the
region of +/-20ms would not be noticeable in any use-case involving
sound playback being tied to visual feedback.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps