Improving the LiveCode release notes

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Dec 15 12:33:31 EST 2015

I  guess this next thought would be dealt with if we had the search
capability that's been mentioned but I'd prefer the release notes to be
ordered primarily by the release (DP!, DP2, etc) and within that the
various sections for that release (Engine Changes, IDE Changes, Bug Fixes,
etc).

I agree with Monte that the whole section on Platform Support,
Installation, etc should be in a separate document with the release notes
only documenting any changes that apply to that document.

The LC8 Release notes also include several pages of information about
widgets which I think should be in a separate document, referred to by the
release notes where necessary.  But then that gets into the whole issue of
getting the User Guide updated (or having a separate Widgets Guide), which
is where the Widget information should be.

Having said all that, I think LC8 is not a typical release since there have
been so many DP releases and presumably there'll be RC releases too before
we're done.

Going back to the search issue, I'd be willing to spend some time creating
a database and an LC app to query, sort and extract.  Creating the DB and
the app won't be difficult, populating the db will be the hard part since I
think everything is in pdf format.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>