wrapping external dlls

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 13:44:01 EDT 2015

Is it possible yet to use builder to wrap an external dll?  If so, could
someone point me at a hopefully simple example?

Also, threading.. While I understand that in many cases multithreading can
take some serious planning, But there are some instances where it would be
great to just pop something free and let it run.  For example, the clock
widget.  Its a clock.  Since cpu time is shared, any intensive processing
will keep it from updating.

Other than running the clock in a separate instance, is there ANY way to
keep it updating properly? (Other than  wait 0 with messages, which adds
overhead the whatever already intensive process is causing the
interference)

>From the first question.. If one were to wrap an external that does
updating of time, would it still be subject to the whips of whatever cpu lc
is currently running on? (at least for the visual updates on a stack)

I'm a little excited about builder because i'm actually getting things to
work now!  And having error messages that are meaningful has helped too.
(the "pink circle" example is actually pink now, syntax has been updated to
avoid deprecated types, and I've added features that actually work!  Yes.
Adding features to a pink circle.)

Previously, I couldn't get the "in 8 steps" example to work at all.