Autosave

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Aug 19 16:03:45 EDT 2015

Richmond wrote:
> Why does this script NOT work in a small stack?
>
> on mouseUp
>     palette stack "AUTOSAVE"
>     put the short name of the topStack into TSTAK
>     put TSTAK & " / " &  the time & " / " & the date into TSTAKN
>     put TSTAKN into fld "TSTAKN"
>     save the topstack as TSTAKN
> end mouseUp

Does it work on a large stack?

It might be problematic with a stack of any size since the date returns
a value that contains "/", which is used as a path delimiter on OS X and
Linux.

What does "the result" give you after the save command?

If instead of changing the path of the current stack what you're looking
to do is make a copy of it to a new location, I'd make a copy of the
file itself and leave the in-memory stack alone.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems