libCurl wrapper using LiveCode Builder [was: Re: SFTP support]

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Aug 19 15:56:07 EDT 2015

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015, Peter TB Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
wrote:

> On 2015-08-19 20:27, Lyn Teyla wrote:
>
> Have you guys at LiveCode Ltd thought about implementing this revamp
>> of networking/sockets by simply writing a libCurl wrapper using
>> LiveCode Builder?
>>

> Yes -- one of our very first, high priority ideas for an LCB-based
> project.  I even made a start on it, and I have an internal project [1]
> that would really benefit from it.  However, it's not yet technically
> possible, I'm afraid.

One way people can help with the internet library right now is reviewing
this forum thread I started on library syntax and features.

Fleshing out ideas on syntax and feature support necessary for use in
LiveCode (regardless of whether it is curl or some other library) can be
done now and helps the team know what we need for our projects.

--
Trevor DeVore