Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Aug 17 16:49:10 EDT 2015

> On 18 Aug 2015, at 1:29 am, William Prothero <prothero at earthednet.org> wrote:
>
> I contributed to kickstarter because I saw the vision of a reasonably priced authoring system that kept up with the always evolving technology.  Some technologies are important to a few high level developers, while others become widely adopted, like pdf and zip. The idea that the livecode vision would be “frozen in time” and future enhancements would be charged extra, certainly is contrary to what I had expected.

I don’t think anyone believes that LC community will be frozen in time. Indeed anyone interested in LC community should be encouraging Kevin to run as hard as possible and use whatever means necessary to capture the business market. These are the guys that will pay for a coder on staff to sit around adding any features they need to the engine and sorting out any blocker bugs. All of that gets contributed back to the engine. Not to mention that they will have a team of coders that will need high end licenses.