mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Aug 14 20:12:31 EDT 2015

> On 15 Aug 2015, at 9:50 am, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com> wrote:
>
>> There's gotta be a way to automate that....
>
> Well yes there is, these things should be submodules of the engine repo so that keeping them updated should be as simple as checking out their most recent tagged release. Not all the libraries the engine depends on are in public git repos though. SQLIte is an example of one of those as it uses fossil so the team would need to do something like this http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004 <http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004> <http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004 <http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004>>

BTW I’ve almost definitely oversimplified this. With the number of platforms LC is deployed on I’d be surprised if there isn’t some manual tweaking of project/make files required quite often with a new version of a library. Then when you consider the number of libraries LC depends on it could be resource consuming to ensure all are at their most recent stable release for each LC release.