mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 14 19:49:33 EDT 2015

Peter Haworth wrote:

> I just thought of a downside to using lc as db middleware if I choose to
> use SQLite.  The SQLite library supplied with LC is months old, and a large
> number of bug fixes and several useful enhancements are missing.  I have
> filed QCC reports about this and also asked for the ability to load our own
> sqlite library so the team don't have to bother keeping theirs up to date
> but so far, no luck.

We need better integration with upstreams.  In addition to SQLite,
there's Skia and others.  At any time any one of them may have bug fixes
that we'll want to include ASAP.

Anyone here review the revDB externals for SQlite deeply enough to have
a feel for how difficult it is to update the core SQLite component?

There's gotta be a way to automate that....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org