mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Aug 14 19:50:02 EDT 2015

> On 15 Aug 2015, at 9:49 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> We need better integration with upstreams.  In addition to SQLite, there's Skia and others.  At any time any one of them may have bug fixes that we'll want to include ASAP.
>
> Anyone here review the revDB externals for SQlite deeply enough to have a feel for how difficult it is to update the core SQLite component?

I believe Mark Wieder had a good look at revDB and decided to stop looking ;-)

> There's gotta be a way to automate that....

Well yes there is, these things should be submodules of the engine repo so that keeping them updated should be as simple as checking out their most recent tagged release. Not all the libraries the engine depends on are in public git repos though. SQLIte is an example of one of those as it uses fossil so the team would need to do something like this http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004 <http://blog.paddlefish.net/?p=1004>