Business Application Framework

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:27:26 EDT 2015

On 13/08/15 00:20, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>
>> I feel for Richard Gaskin a lot as he is caught between the Devil and
>> the Deep Blue Sea, and doing that for nothing as well: not "fun" at
>> times,
>> I'm sure.
>
> I appreciate your concern, but my experience is very much the
> opposite:  I'm not on any payroll but my own; I am not an employee of
> LiveCode Ltd.  My role is as a volunteer, and focused solely on
> fostering the Community Edition through open source process.
>
> So for better or for worse, any words I write here are my own.
>
> If they seem optimistic at times it's only because I try to keep my
> attention focused on actionable outcomes.

I'm only on my payroll as well, and it does give one a marvellous sense
of freedom.

However, as I am a lot further away from the mothership than you are I
am not very
good at assessing which outcomes are actionable.

As I stated earlier: I see my role as a provoker of debate, because
debate IS needed if we
are not to become like some cult taking orders from on high and
continually going "Yes".

However, I do think that the person who said "Good luck list/livecode
community, I'll see you later." is not helping at all.

That is just negative flack that does not lead anywhere.

If that person really wanted to wish the community some 'luck' s/he
would continue to join in the debate and
address the points that have been raised so far in some sort of
constructive fashion.

Richmond.