Need Help With FTP

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Apr 28 08:41:35 EDT 2015

Hi Richard,

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Richard Gaskin:
>
> Seems I missed that.  I thought he was posting to his own server.  It
> wouldn't have occurred to me that a government site still uses FTP.

Yes, Doc Hawkins was right: I’m downloading from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s anonymous FTP site. There was nothing on their help pages about another protocol, although I may have missed it.

But your tips about shared SSH keys will be helpful to me anyway because I do run my own server on a Mac for my students at the university.

Regards,

Gregory