Plain text library stacks

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:34:50 EDT 2015

Here is a very simple server script and a very simple “text” library script that show just what I was hoping.

The Library Script:
	script "TextLib"
	function TL.compare pFirst, pSecond
   		return pFirst = pSecond
	end TL.compare

The Server Script:
	#!<path to livecode>
	#coding:utf-8
	set the outputLineEndings to "lf”
	set the outputTextEncoding to “utf8"
	put the Version & return
	start using stack “<path to >/TextLib.livecode”
	dispatch function "TL.compare" to stack "TextLib" with "a", "b”
	put the result & return
	dispatch function "TL.compare" to stack "TextLib" with "LiveCode", “LiveCode"
	put the result & return

I created both scripts in a text editor (using UTF-8 encoding) rather than the IDE.

I think it’s great that LiveCode has given us this alternative way of working with script only stacks.

Peter