Large Scripts Run too Slowly

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:24:49 EDT 2015

I've put gZipper into my plugins folder -- thanks, Richard! However, I attempted to edit the stack -- just cosmetic stuff, the controls weren't aligned and things were off-center, etc, I'm a little obsessive that way, it really distracts me when stuff doesn't look good. (I know this is just a quick and dirty utility, and Richard, you are among the best at GUI, so no offense.) I recall a possibly apocryphal story about Steve Jobs calling up an Apple graphic designer at 3am to tell him that one of his icons was off by one pixel and that it had to be fixed by 8am -- I know that Steve was a real bastard to work with but I have a certain amount of admiration for this kind of perfectionism.

So, back to the point, I edited the positions of the controls, but every time I tried to save the stack, LC crashed, leaving a "corrupted" stack. When I restarted, the stack was still available in the plugins list and opened fine, but if I tried to change the opening mode, eg from modeless to palette, LC crashed again. The trigger seems to be trying to save the stack. I'm guessing this is probably due to my running LC 5.5.1 still, but advice would be appreciated.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig