curiosities in object reference

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 16:56:23 EDT 2015

The findTextInStyledText function within the MasterLibrary might be
helpful in this case.   Pass it a string to find and the styledText
array and it will return to you the LineIndex, RunIndex and Starting
char within the run.

The MasterLibrary is here...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wpwn3hfbmpl7sk/MasterLibrary.livecode?dl=0

I just updated the Library to version 40.   Somehow a very premature
version of findTextInStyledText found it way into the library.   A
useful version is now in place.

Richard and others, since you are now playing with styled text, how
about sending me a wish list of functions that you think would be
useful.   I can tinker away at them.

Regards,
    Mike