[OT] Market Share

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:28:56 EDT 2015

It's normally Richard who comes out with the OS Market Share figures and I
must admit I normally sort of switch off at that point because I've sorta
heard it all before - OS X is an ever so small number. I mean, some of us
like chocolate and others strawberry and no amount of statistics is going
to make that change. I use what I like, you use what suits you.

For reasons I can't explain I always thought that amongst 'real
programmers' the statistics would be even worse, Windows the majority,
Linux steamrollering ahead, and OS X a very distant and poor cousin. So I
found these figures... well unbelievable:

http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015#tech-os

Then again you can use statistics to argue anything. Maybe these numbers
suggest that there's just a lot of confused programmers seeking answers on
OS X ;-)