Current Player Bugs in LC 7

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Mon Apr 6 19:42:40 EDT 2015

There’s a number of player bugs in LC 7 in the QC center that are unresolved. I’m working on a large project that needs 7 because of its Unicode Chinese text and also makes heavy use of what were QuickTime’s superb player abilities. The transition to the AV Foundation-based player has been painful and inexplicably incomplete. The lack of fixes of some of these bugs is really throwing my project off schedule to be released in time for the coming academic year.

One that I submitted, 14921—Player becomes unresponsive with changing cards in a background, has a status of “Awaiting Build.” I see that others are listed as “Confirmed.”

The latest build, 7.0.4, per its notes doesn’t seem to address these bugs. Is there some sort of timeline for resolution of these bugs????

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA