Scripting Cut/Copy/Paste in custom menus

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 05:33:44 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:49 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Forgot to mention: the IDE uses the "delete" command in it's Clear menu item
> script, but only applies it for objects. It scripts the deletion of text in
> fields, and that too fails to provide a closefield message.

I'm sure I checked that and it was different in the IDE but when I
check it again you are right. Submitted a suggestion for a Dictionary
amendment.

Bug 13440

The Dictionary entry for closeField AND delete should also include
these two other exceptions of when closeField will not be triggered:
i.e.

The closeField message is not sent when a field's content is changed by:

* using the put command
* using the delete command, or it's synonym; clear
* using the IDE's Clear Text menu item