Congrats LC 7.0! You finally broke my DB!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 9 17:16:57 EDT 2014

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 9/9/2014, 3:44 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> I have narrowed down the offending code to this:
>> --------
>> global planDate,linNum
>>   put "absolutely anything" into line linNum of card field "plan"
>> --------------
>> It gets 'put' alright, but card field "plan" loses all previous formatting.
>> Big, big bug if it changes folks' stacks forever!
>
> I'd report it, since 7.0 isn't supposed to introduce any unexpected
> behavior.
>
> But I'm curious if it would work if you instead do this:
>
>    put "absolutely anything" into char 1 to -1 of line linNum of card
> field "plan"
>
> Just a guess. I know in some cases character properties are retained
> where line properties aren't; for instance, backcolor.

It's an odd regression, since the paragraph formatting was deeply
overhauled for v5.5, where I would have expected to see things like this
show up.

Mark, thanks for helping to test v7.0 to better ensure that the final
release fully meets your needs.

After you file the bug report, please note the bug report number here so
we can follow it.

Thanks -

--
  Richard Gaskin